Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My First Post!

Here goes.  My life isnt to exciting, someone will get a kick out of this (I hope). 

Everyone always asks me "How Andrew is doing?" and well I thought this would be a good way to help answer the question. 


If you're completely lost, Andrew (my boyfriend) decided last year to start taking test to be a firefighter, anywhere and everywhere that was testing.  In May of last year, I came home from work to him sitting on the couch and he asked me "What do you think about Georgia?"  I was completely lost at first, but then he said he wanted to test for a fire dept. there. And I told him to go right ahead, thinking if nothing else I could go with him and we could make a little vacation out of it.  Needless to say he passed, then he passed the physical, then the doctors physical, then the background check and interview.  He started his new 'dream' job November 15, 2010.  He loves Georgia, every single bit of it, besides the fact that I'm not there(I hope).

On March 28, 2011, Andrew was laid off, but on March 30, 2011 they were no longer getting laid off.  That wasn't the end of it though, April 1, 2011, April Fools Day, I get the dreaded text message, "We're laid off again."  I thought forsure Andrew was playing a joke on me, but he wasnt.  Andrew and all 82 of his brothers and sister were jobless. 

Andrew, then, applied for a job with Northern Georgia Medical Transport, and when the lady from HR found out he was one of the 82 laid-off fireman she quickly gave him a full-time position. He asks me all the time, Do you can if I test here? do you mind if I test there? its a constant thing.  All he wants to do is be a firefighter.

Well, enough about Andrew, when all this happened, I couldn't afford on my own to stay in the Duplex where Andrew and I lived, so I moved in with my ever-so-wonderful brother and his girlfriend.  Which is nice.  I really do like living there, but my dog and their dog don't get along at all.  They have a Great Dane, and I have a Chiuahuah/Dotson. 

Belle, my dog, is nothing less than a Princess, and she enjoys every minute of it.  She goes everywhere but work with me, and knows whether I'm going to work, or my moms, or dads.  She knows. Trust me!

Well, thats my first post.  YAY!

2 comments:

  1. Love it Kati!! Did you figure out how to do the header?
    Ps. You better do confession Friday!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured out how to make a collage but can't figure out how to make it a header

    ReplyDelete